So, now you have purchased or leased an expensive piece of equipment but now what do you do? Well, you protect it, of course!! You already have insurance on your health, your home, your life and your children and spouses...why not put an expensive piece of office equipment that you know will eventually need service, under a service agreement?
The information is below:
Protect your investment by purchasing a CBM Network/Support Agreement
You select the number of hours you need and use them for any of the following three areas: hardware, software and backup protection. This service will prolong the life of your peripherals computers; inform you of critical system upgrades that will help prevent future system malfunction, and secure critical data that may prove costly if lost.
Prolong the life of your equipment by scheduling preventative maintenance on your computer or any of the peripherals that make up your network. For example, you may place calls on printers, routers, stand alone PC, servers, cabling, fax machines and many other peripherals from the following manufacturers: Canon, HP, Lexmark, IBM, Okidata and Epson, among many others, depending on age and parts availability.
This service may include:
- Repairs or preventive maintenance
- Removing dust and dirt build up to prevent overheating.
- Cleaning disk drives on current systems (floppy, CD, tape).
- Checking all network connections for each system to assure proper connectivity.
- Evaluating computers for any malfunctioning components and making recommendations to your department for upgrades or repairs.
- Reinstallation of Operating Software (Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000 and Novell).
- Installation of newly purchased operating systems and the configuration of that software to properly interface with your current network.
- Reconfiguration of current operating system software to satisfy network or local computer issues.
- Periodical critical updates and security updates of current operating system software from Microsoft or Novell that will enhance your system’s productivity and effectiveness.
- Virus checks on all computers with the most recently updated anti-virus software.
- Replacement and installation of previously acquired components and proper configuration of those components to assimilate them into your existing network. This will include labor for replacement and installation of hard drives, network cards, modems, monitors, keyboards, mice, etc., when not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
Disaster Recovery Service
This will provide critical services for a situation in which your department has an entire network disruption and loss of critical data. This service is only offered to large organizations with server systems that depend on critical data access for the completion of daily job tasks. This service includes the following:
- Installation and maintenance of Disaster Recovery Software on your system. This software, in conjunction with current software, will provide you with comprehensive disaster recovery needs.
- Quarterly system backups on all critical files and implementation and migration of current daily backups on existing servers with Disaster Recovery Software.
- Offsite storage of backups in a secure local location, in case of an event that would destroy all data on your local computers and servers (i.e. fire, sabotage, etc.). System backups may be housed in an offsite location with secure and environmentally controlled storage units. These backups will only be available to individuals who are authorized.